Aimed at senior, commercially-focused business leaders, this one-day course provides and invaluable insight into the finances of renewable power projects. Its is available as general power project review, or with a specific focus on either Solar PV or wind projects.
The workshop provides an essential grounding in the cost and cash-flow structures of renewable power projects, the role of policy and subsidy mechanisms in skewing project economics and the most common, renewable-specific project and return risks that arise. Its is of value to anyone who needs to be better equipped to scrutinize and evaluate renewable power project proposals.
An Excel model is referred to throughout, in order to better illustrate and understand the financial returns and risks discussed.
From the programme you will learn how to:
- Compare the lifetime cost structure or renewable power.
- Understand key development and construction processes.
- Build a cash flow model for a renewable project.
This one day workshop style session covers four topics:
The economic of a renewable power project
- Revenues vs costs: identifying the key variables
- Determinants of the price or value of generated electricity
- The main sources and key trends in project costs
- Comparing the lifetime cost structure of renewable power with conventional electricity projects
- A cash flow model for a renewable project
Internal project risks
- Key development and construction processes and requirements
- Stakeholder engagement alongside resource management, impact assessments, permits and contracts.
- Construction considerations and risks
- Cost and contract considerations including technology risks.
- Understanding natural resource risks and uncertainties.
External market risks
- Mitigating current and future market values of renewables
- UK Energy Policy impacts on renewable power projects
- Drivers for renewable energy policy
- Key trends in the design of renewable power projects
- Policies and market structures for grid connectivity
- New utility business models and power market mechanisms
- The growth of new, complementary solutions such as energy storage
- Distributed and small-scale power production
- Global energy and commodity resource trends
Who should do the course?
Senior leadership teams with a strategic interest in the finances of renewable power. No prior knowledge is assumed or required.
When’s the next course?
Workshops are held at clients location accommodating up to 15-20 delegates. To arrange call GAIA on 01572 729512 or email email@example.com
How much does it cost?
What delegates have said about the training
I participated on one of John’s courses in renewable energy. This was one of my best spent weeks on training all year! A good and efficient way of getting an overview of the renewable energy sector. I found John very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in presenting the material, also enabling knowledge exchange between participants in the group. I really enjoyed his interesting lessons and the group work he provided for additional learning outcome. Thanks John!
John is actually a professional trainer with excellent presentation skills. He is able to make simple presentation of complex issues and has a very good knowledge of the renewable energy matters. I highly recommend him as a trainer!
John has in-depth knowledge in the renewable energy sector. I found him to be very effective in highlighting the decisions that come into play in creating an energy strategy. Through sharing of unbiased analysis, highlighting technology pros and cons as well as the associated industry challenges he demonstrates a thorough understanding of the intricacies of renewable energy business that is an extremely valuable resource to his clients.